Thoresby Park, Nr Ollerton, Notts, NG22 9EH
Adults £12 – Over 65s £11 – children (5-15) £4
- THREE main arenas
- Jonathan Marshall’s amazing Free Spirits show: an incredible display of falconry and horsemanship
- The first heats of the 2017 Horseboarding UK National Championships 2017
- The first heats of the Scurry Trials and Driving National Championships 2017
Three dedicated arenas with a whole variety of exciting and informative displays, from Jonathan Marshall’s ‘Free Spirits’ show – an astounding display of horsemanship and falconry to exhilarating horseboarding. Something for everyone all day long, so bring a deck chair and make yourselves comfortable.
- Horse-boarding – the first heats of the 2017 UK season. Thrills and spills as this year’s dramatic season gets underway.
- Parade of Hounds – Burne Bloodhounds and Oakley Foot Beagles
- Scurry Trials and Driving – the first heats of 2017, some of the best scurry driving teams in the UK
- Man Vs Beast – scurry and pony Vs the mighty Isuzu. Who will you cheer for?
- Falconry – watch our amazing birds of prey in action
- Chase the Bunny – a fun competition for all dogs who like to chase (*not a real bunny!)
- Gun Dog Displays – Paul Makepeace and his team demonstrating how a gun dog is taught from puppyhood to trialling, and typical day on the shoot
Johnathan Marshall – Free Spirits Show – horsemanship and falconry
Working ferrets – Simon Pakefield shows you how he uses ferrets in the wild
Harvey’s Shires – magnificent working giants with their carriages
Warren Calitz and his amazing working sheepdogs – in action
Falconry and Gun Dog Displays – a working partnership with handlers Chris Neal (birds) and Paul Makepeace (dogs)
Chase the Bunny – a fun competition for all dogs who like to chase (*not a real bunny!)
Junior Casting Competition – with Peter Johnston
Pinxton Puppets – Will Red Riding Hood escape the big bad wolf again?
A specialist full time arena dedicated solely to dogs, with displays of all types, from working gun dogs to fire jumping obedience. Surrounding this are a variety of activities your dog will love, from gun dog multi scurries to a fun dog show. Something for every dog and every dog lover! (please be aware however that with the shooting and dummy launching there are some loud bangs all day, so if they are nervous it might be kinder to leave them in the kitchen with a big bone!)
- Arena displays: Paws for Thought Dog Display Team, Gun dog training and Walk Up Shoot (Paul Makepeace), Warren Calitz and his amazing working sheepdogs, Hounds, minor breed parade, Chase the Bunny, Support dogs…
- Fun Dog Show (Gillies Leap) – all welcome: classes for any size, age, breed or non breed. Putting the fun back into dog shows
- Lurchers (Lure Crazy) – racing, coursing and showing
- Gun Dog Multi Scurries (Scurry Bandits) – if your dog loves to retrieve, come and have a go against the clock!
- Gun dog training clinic, run by Nat Cannon
- Gun Dog Working Tests – Mickie O Hanahan
- Minor Breeds: Cesky Terriers, huskies, Glen of Imal Terriers and more tbc
- Hounds – Burne Bloodhounds and Oakley Foot Beagles
Come and watch our magnificent birds of prey in action – and meet them in our dedicated falconry area.
The Falconry Centre
Lots of fun and entertainment for children and families dotted all around the showground. At Thoresby Country Show some of the highlights are;
- Racing ferrets – have a flutter on your favourite
- Moment in Time Living History – history re-enactors taking you back in time
- Falconry Village – meet our birds of prey and see them in action
- Hamsters – Cute and furry, come and meet the hamsters and their expert handlers
- Children’s entertainments – all the fun of the fair, donkey rides, panning for gold and more
- Pinxton Puppets – Little Red Riding Hood and The Three Little Pigs (two shows)
A mini festival within the main show. The food halls will feature a line up of local and regional speciality food and drink producers, with particular focus on British food provenance.
The Piazza is that special area where you can come to eat and relax in the main catering marquee and real ale marquee or the smaller food specialist vendors.
We generally have six to eight chainsaw carvers on site to entertain you. Over the weekend they will carve a main piece, and also take part in thirty minute speed carves. It’s amazing to see what can be achieved in just half an hour, and all these pieces are immediately sold off at auction, so you could go home with a very special feature for your garden or conservatory.
Featuring at Thoresby Country Show:
- Quint Hughes
- Mark Earp
- Dinius Parsons
- Joh Roberts
- Lorraine Botterill
- Matt Crabb
Interested in fishing or field sports, but never quite got round to it? Take part in free 20 minute fishing sample sessions with our instructors from the Angling Trust and Salmon and Trout Association; or have a go at archery or air rifles
- Archery – field archery with Adrian Caddy
- Air Rifles – ATEO
- Salmon & Trout Conservation U.K.
- Angling Trust – free twenty minute one to one lessons
- Rod Maker – Peter Johnson
- Angling demonstrates with Ian Grantham and Ian Kilgour
- Fly Tying Competition
- Fly Casting Competition
A series of marquees form the Craft Village, a popular area of the show where artists, designers and craftsmen exhibit, demonstrate and sell a wide variety of handcrafted items and gifts. Always plenty of working demonstrations, and at Thoresby Country Show we have:
The Shopping Experience
Around the arenas are rows of individual trade exhibitors selling a range of items, country clothing and accessories, footwear, garden, home and leisure products, country sports equipment and accessories. Always nice to go home from a show with something, and you will be spoilt for choice