Bowood Estate, Bowood, Calne, Wilts SN11 0LZ
Adults £14 – Over 65s £13 – Children (5-15) £4
- The seventh heats of the Horseboarding UK National Championships 2017
- Jonathan Marshall’s amazing Free Spirits show: an incredible display of falconry and horsemanship
- The seventh heats of the Scurry Trials and Driving National Championships 2017
- Gillies Leap Fun Dog Shows Finals
- Scurry Bandits Gun Dog Scurries – CountryWays Challenge
THREE dedicated arenas with a whole variety of exciting and informative displays, from Jonathan Marshall’s ‘Free Spirits’ show – an astounding display of horsemanship and falconry to exhilarating horseboarding.
Something for everyone all day long at Wiltshire Country Show, so bring a deck chair and make yourselves comfortable.
- Horse-boarding – the seventh heats of the 2017 UK season. Thrills and spills as this year’s dramatic season continues.
- Parade of Hounds – Avon Vale Hunt
- Scurry Trials and Driving – the seventh heats of 2017, some of the best scurry driving teams in the UK
- Man Vs Beast – scurry and pony Vs the mighty Isuzu. Who will you cheer for?
- Falconry – watch our amazing birds of prey in action
- Pony Club Games – Fun filled mounted obstacle courses with young teams from around the UK
- Chase the Bunny – a fun competition for all dogs who like to chase (*not a real bunny!)
- Gun Dog Displays – Paul Makepeace and his team demonstrating how a gun dog is taught from puppyhood to trialling, and typical day on the shoot
Johnathan Marshall – Free Spirits Show – horsemanship and falconry
Working ferrets – Simon Pakefield shows you how he uses ferrets in the wild
Harvey’s Shires – magnificent working giants with their authentic carriages
Falconry and Gun Dog Displays – a working partnership with handlers Chris Neal (birds) and Paul Makepeace (dogs)
Chase the Bunny – a fun competition for all dogs who like to chase (*not a real bunny!)
Junior Casting Competition – with Peter Johnston
Pinxton Puppets – Will Red Riding Hood escape the big bad wolf again?
A specialist full time arena dedicated solely to dogs, with displays of all types, from working gun dogs, to fire jumping obedience. Surrounding this are a variety of activities your dog will love, from gun dog multi scurries to a fun dog show. Something for every dog and every dog lover! (please be aware however that with the shooting and dummy launching there are some loud bangs all day, so if they are nervous it might be kinder to leave them in the kitchen with a big bone!)
- Arena displays: Paws for Thought Display Team, Gun dog training and Walk Up Shoot (Paul Makepeace), Hounds, minor breed parade, Chase the Bunny, Support dogs…
- Fun Dog Show (Gillies Leap) – all welcome: classes for any size, age, breed or non breed. Putting the fun back into dog shows.
- Lurchers (Lure Crazy) – racing, coursing and showing
- Gun Dog Multi Scurries (Scurry Bandits) – if your dog loves to retrieve, come and have a go against the clock!
- Gun dog training clinic, Anthea Shelley
- Minor Breeds: Cesky Terriers, otterhounds, huskies and more tbc
Working Gun Dog Tests – Jim Penaligan
Hounds – Avon Vale Hunt
Come and watch our magnificent birds of prey in action – and meet them in our dedicated falconry area.
- Chris Neal
- Ray Pickup
- Andy Plant of The Falconry Centre
- Toby Puddle
Lots of fun and entertainment for children and families dotted all around the showground. At Hampshire Country Show some of the highlights are;
- Racing ferrets – have a flutter on your favourite
- Fiery Jack’s Old Fashioned Games Emporium – have a break, play a game. You will be amazed how long you end up staying and no technology involved!
- The Strange Thing – be entertained by our on site magician and come and see The Strange Thing. Can you work out what it really is?
- Falconry Village – meet our birds of prey and see them in action
- Hamsters – Cute and furry, come and meet the hamsters and their expert handlers
- Children’s entertainments – all the fun of the fair, donkey rides, panning for gold and more
Pinxton Puppets – Little Red Riding Hood and The Three Little Pigs (two shows)
Vintage Display – be taken back to yesteryear with some amazing old cars, farm machinery and steam engines
A mini festival within the main show. The food halls will feature a line up of local and regional speciality food and drink producers, with particular focus on British food provenance.
The Piazza is that special area where you can come to eat and relax in the main catering marquee and real ale marquee or the smaller food specialist vendors.
Be entertained by our chefs on stage presenting a wide range of recipes and culinary skills.
- Crabstock boys – tales of the sea and how to make the most of her produce
We generally have six to eight chainsaw carvers on site to entertain you. Over the weekend they will carve a main piece, and also take part in thirty minute speed carves. It’s amazing to see what can be achieved in just half an hour, and all these pieces are immediately sold off at auction, so you could go home with a very special feature for your garden or conservatory.
- Quint Hughes
- Mark Earp
- Denius Parsons
- John Roberts
- Ant Beatlestone
- Matt Crabb
- Woody Parks
- Harry Thomas
Fishing and Field Sports
Interested in fishing or field sports, but never quite got round to it? Take part in free 20minute
fishing sample sessions with our instructors from the Angling Trust and Salmon and Trout Association; or have a go at archery or air rifles
- Archery – field archery with Adrian Caddy
- Star Shot – clay targets with a twist!
- Clay Shooting – with Clay Targets
- Air Rifles – ATEO
- Salmon & Trout Conservation U.K.
- Angling Trust – free twenty minute one to one lessons
- Rod Maker – Peter Johnson
- Angling demonstrations – Barry Grantham and Ian Kilgore
- Fly Tying Competition
- Fly Casting Competition
A series of marquees form the Craft Village, a popular area of the show where artists, deigners and craftsmen exhibit, demonstrate and sell a wide variety of handcrafted items and gifts. Always plenty of working demonstrations, and at Wiltshire Country Show we have:
The Shopping Experience
Around the arenas are rows of individual trade exhibitors selling a range of items, country clothing and accessories, footwear, garden, home and leisure products, country sports equipment and accessories. Always nice to go home from a show with something and you will be spoilt for choice at Wiltshire Country Show