Bank Holiday Saturday, Sunday & Monday August 27th – 29th
Cheshire County Showground, Knutsford WA16 0HJ
Tickets on the day: Adults £13, Over 65s £12, Children (15 and under) £4 (Under 5s free) – to save money, click here and buy your tickets in advance
Show open 10am-6pm
Over thirty of the best chainsaw carvers in the world battle it out over the three days for this year’s coveted titles. See what can be achieved with just a chainsaw and a lot of talent!
We will also be running our usual thirty minute speed carves twice daily, but with such international talent on the showground, even these are taken into a different league! Your opportunity to join in the fun of the auction and go home with a truly unique piece of art for your home or conservatory.
Three dedicated arenas with a whole variety of exciting and informative displays, from exhilarating horse-boarding, to the hilariously disobedient sheep and ducks that our sheepdogs somehow have to get back into the pen. Something for everyone all day long, so bring a deck chair and make yourselves comfortable.
- Horse-boarding – the seventh heats of the 2016 season. Thrills and spills
- Stunt Mania – incredible, adrenaline filled stunts from this amazing motorcycle stunt team
- British Scurry and Trials Driving – the seventh heats of 2016, watch scurry driving at speed around a course of obstacles
- Man Vs Beast – scurry and pony Vs the mighty Isuzu. Who will you cheer for?
- Working ferrets – Simon Pakefield shows you how he uses ferrets in the wild
- Falconry – watch our amazing birds of prey in action
- Hunts & Hounds – The Cheshire Hunt
- Chase the Bunny – a fun competition for all dogs who like to chase (*not a real bunny!)
World of Dogs
A specialist full time arena dedicated solely to dogs, with displays of all types, from working gun dogs and sheep dogs, to fire jumping obedience. Surrounding this are a variety of activities your dog will love, from gun dog multi scurries to a fun dog show. Something for every dog and every dog lover! (please be aware however that with the shooting and dummy launching there are some loud bangs all day, so if they are nervous it might be kinder to leave them in the kitchen with a big bone!)
- Arena displays: Shadowquest Dog Display Team, Gun dog training and Walk Up Shoot (Paul Makepeace & Aubrey Ladyman), Hounds, minor breed parade, Chase the Bunny, Tom Longton Sheepdogs
- Fun Dog Show (Gillies Leap) – all welcome: classes for any size age, breed or non breed. Supporting Jericho House Drug Rehab
- Lurchers (Lure Crazy) – racing, coursing and showing
- Terriers (CountyWise) – racing and showing
- Gun Dog Multi Scurries (Scurry Bandits) – if your dog loves to retrieve, come and have a go against the clock!
- Have a Go Agility – always wondered if your dog could do agility? Here’s your chance to find out
- Have A Go Flyball – Have a go at this increasingly popular doggy sport – with the Fenland Firestorms
- Gun dog training clinic – Sarah Hanson – Wiggly Dogs
- Open Gun Dog Working Tests – Bob & Merry Bows (Scurry Bandits) – open
- Minor Breed Tents – Sealyham Terriers, Cesky Terriers, Chesapeake Retrievers, Otterhounds, Huskies
- Hounds – The Cheshire Hunt
Lots of fun and entertainment for children and families dotted all around the showground. At Cheshire Country Show some of the highlights are;
- Fiery Jack’s Games Emporium – Games from down the ages: a perfect place to stop a while and challenge someone to quoits or croquet. Games experts on hand to explain how to play
- Racing ferrets – have a flutter on your favourite
- Moment In Time – Living History Re-enactors – bring your questions and enjoy the enthusiasm
- Hamsters – Cute and furry, come and meet the hamsters and their expert handlers
- Children’s entertainments – all the fun of the fair, donkey rides, panning for gold and more
- Pinxton Puppets – Little Red Riding Hood and The Three Little Pigs (two shows)
- Lovely Bubbles – with bubbles, scarecrows and face-painting
- Panning for Gold – try your luck!
A mini festival within the main show, featuring food halls, the Piazza, and chefs on stage. The food halls will feature a line up of local and regional speciality food and drink producers, with particular focus on British food provenance. The Piazza is that special area where you can come to eat and relax in the main catering marquee and real ale marquee or the smaller food specialist vendors. Be entertained by our chefs on stage presenting a wide range of recipes and culinary skills.
Featured Chefs at Cheshire:
- The Crabstock Boys – tales of the sea and how to make the most of her produce
- Arfan Razak – excellent Indian cookery
- Mark – Crayfish cookery
An extensive display of vintage vehicles and machinery, from the little stationary engines, right through to the huge traction engines; tractors; a wide range of military vehicles; motor cycles and cars in abundance.
Fascinating to look at, and with experts and owners on hand who would be delighted to answer any questions and tell you all about them.
Fishing and Field Sports
Interested in fishing or field sports, but never quite got round to it? Take part in free 20 minute fishing sampler sessions with our instructors from the Angling Trust and Salmon and Trout Association; or have a go at archery or air rifles
- Archery – Adrian Caddy
- Clay shooting – Clay Targets
- Air Rifles – ATEO
- Star Shot
- Salmon & Trout Conservation U.K.
- Angling Trust
- Rod Maker – Peter Johnson
A series of marquees form the Craft Village, a popular area of the show where artists, designers and craftsmen and women exhibit, demonstrate and sell a wide variety of handcrafted items and gifts.
Always plenty of working demonstrations also, and at Cheshire Country Show we have:
- Walking sticks
- Jewellery making
as well as many more
The Shopping Experience
Around the arenas are rows of individual trade exhibitors selling a range of items, country clothing and accessories, footwear, garden, home and leisure products, country sports equipment and accessories. Always nice to go home from a show with something, and you will be spoilt for choice